role and person
- Full time, 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Accent Group is recruiting a Service Fee Accountant to join a newly created Service Fee team within our existing and established Corporate Finance team. This is an exciting opportunity to join Accent and this vital role.
You will work closely with colleagues across the business and in particular the Customer Experience, Homeownership, Development and Growth teams, leading all aspects of service fee funding. This will include variable and fixed service fees.
As a business partner, you will provide advice and assistance on all aspects of service fees and be actively involved in specific complaints and inquiries from internal and external customers.
We want our employees and customers to be proud of the homes and services we provide and you have a key role to play in this.
As a Service Fee Accountant, key elements of your role will include:
- Ensure that all service charges are correctly assigned to the correct schema and account code in the accounting system.
- Forecast all service costs in monthly management accounts, building them from the schema and account code.
- Report and understand cost recoverability on a plan-by-plan basis.
- Preparation of income and expenditure reports/documents for external accountants and non-audit scheme accounts in a timely manner.
- Lead audit/accounting certification for plans, including signing off with service fee and property manager.
- Ensure participation in S20 consultation and completion of S21 and S22 as required by the business and represent service fees.
- Oversee and review sinking funds during budgeting and year-end. Work with relevant Homeownership team officers on contribution levels and annual expenses.
- Work with other teams across the business, including Service Providers, Partners and Procurement, to ensure that we provide and receive value for money for each service fee item.
- Work with the leasing team to ensure all year-end adjustments are properly recorded on tenant accounts.
- Lead the budget process to ensure service charge estimates are prepared for all projects/tenants.
- Prepare and consolidate service fee revenue budgets and plan budgets to link to Accent’s overall budget packs for the region, legal entity and group, including relevant comments.
- Initiate and implement service fee profiles and budgets for new development or newly acquired inventory by working with Development & Growth colleagues enabling timely release of sales units.
- Have a detailed understanding, experience and knowledge of financial service fee legislation and regulations, particularly as they relate to lessees and landlords.
- Experience in producing timely and accurate reports.
- Ability to deal with external auditors.
- An understanding of the different types of tenure they may encounter in the role (Leasehold/RTB/Shared Owner/Freehold (with & without charges)/Rented/etc).
- Excellent communication skills, spoken, written and verbal.
- Member or current student of CCAB/or equivalent.
- Highly developed knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word Excel Dynamics) and ability to handle large volumes of data.
- Commitment to equal opportunity and diversity.
- Empathy and respect for others (e.g. clients, colleagues, sub-contractors).
- Commitment to equal opportunity and diversity.
- Positive attitude and commitment to good customer service.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Can demonstrate enthusiasm for the role.
- Positive attitude/can do.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to write reports, effectively turning data into detailed reports for the business.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Flexible approach to work – as part of a team and/or within a company as a senior team/department representative.
At Accent, we are a strong proponent of agile working and encourage the use of working from home as a new way forward.
If you would like to work occasionally from one of our regional offices, you can do so on a shared office basis, available from September.
The cash salary for this position is £31,103 per annum for candidates who fully meet the job requirements. Applicants who do not meet all of the job requirements will start 5% or 10% below cash salary.
- 28 days of paid vacation per year increased by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Ability to purchase additional vacation for up to 2 of your work weeks (at managers discretion)
- Cycle diagram
- Learning and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- A choice of salary-based contributory pension plans, a defined benefit plan or a defined contribution plan, each offering life insurance coverage
Who are Accent?
We own nearly 22,000 homes in the north, east and south of the country.
They house more than 35,000 customers. We exist to make life better, providing people with high quality, affordable homes. Whatever their housing needs, whether family, single, elderly or more vulnerable, our clients come first. They are still at the heart of our business.
If you feel good about providing excellent customer service, we’re excited to have you join the Accent team.
And we are a team. We live and breathe our values - we’re smart, we’re driven, we’re caring and we’re inclusive – how about you? If you can do what is right and challenge what you think is wrong, relish the opportunity to work with fabulous colleagues to improve the customer experience and ensure we deliver on our promises, then you are the person we are looking for. .
Come join us and start your own journey with Accent. We aim to be number one, and you could help us get there.