Rents and Service Charges Agent – Housing (agile work)
Location: Long Stratton, Norwich, Norfolk (agile/flexible working)
Salary: Up to £33,000 per year
Hours: 37h30 per week
Closing date – Sunday January 30, 2022
We have the option for a Rents and Charges Officer to join us on a full-time, permanent basis to work and support on all aspects of setting rents and charges for the organization.
Main responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the business by setting and reviewing service fees for rental and home ownership properties.
- Ensure that all rent and service charge increases, including ‘year-end’, are calculated and implemented in accordance with legislation regulation policies.
- Ensure accurate preparation and entry of rent account information, reconciliation, maintenance of essential controls, resolution of transaction error queries, tracking of transactions and generation of account statements.
- Maintain rent account checks and records, for current, new, canceled and old properties.
Please see the full list of responsibilities on the attached role profile.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have knowledge and/or experience in setting rents as well as providing variable service charges.
- A good understanding of landlord and tenancy obligations contained in leases, tenancy agreements and freehold agreements.
- Have experience in a customer service environment involving contact with the public.
- Be a proven collaborator with the ability to liaise effectively with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Possess good computer skills to include the use of Dynamics 365, Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams.
We are a Norfolk based housing association providing quality accommodation and services to people across the county and Suffolk.
We manage over 6,000 homes, including affordable homes for people in need who cannot afford to rent or buy on the open market.
We provide specialist housing for the elderly and vulnerable and are committed to providing new housing to help solve the housing crisis.